The story of 'Metro Blossom' is not over

'Metro Blossom', which was released in February last year, is a game with a unique attempt in many ways. Mobile paid models, text -based deep storytelling, and CRPG styles rolling dice. The person who would like to do it would be a game that seemed to be united in the spirit of 'indie'.

'Metro Blossom' is now pursuing the global market. In Korea, it is a 'metro blossom', which has been dissatisfied, but if it is a global market with text -based storytelling and CRPG, it may be possible to achieve greater results than Korea.

Free versions and global versions, and PC versions planned at the end of this year. It is 'Metro Blossom', which is preparing for a second leap. What is the next goal of my mental studio since all of these things are over? At the Play Expo site, I met with Jung Jae -hyun and listened to the details of the future goals.

Q. Please introduce a brief introduction to my mental studio.

My mental studio is an indie development team of six people. In 2019, I gathered acquaintances and formed a team, and in 2020, I made a tumblebuck fund, but fortunately it was a good chance to announce not only sponsorship but also 'Metro Blossom'. I was developing it and finally released the game last year. Since then, I have been working on updating the game since then, and the free version development is finally over and the launch is about to be released next week. Later, it plans to launch a global version in August and the PC version in the second half.

Looking back, the project seems to be greater than expected. Originally, I started with a small project, and as I was gaining weight in the game, we were more motivated to reach now.

Q. What is the achievement of 'Metro Blossom'.

Last year, I was nominated for and received a prize at the Google Indie Game Festival, Game Awards, and BIC Festival. Experts and public evaluations are good, but the actual sales are less than that reaction, so if so, we are preparing for a free version because we want more people to enjoy. So I think the real performance will come out after the free version.

ДОРОГА В АМЕРИКУ ► Metro Exodus - История Сэма #1

Q. The subtitle is a text RPG, but it seems that it feels somewhat maniac in Korea.

I think so. So there are some parts aiming for overseas markets. Overseas, such storytelling games are strong, and the dice rolling system is familiar and expects to be better evaluated.

Q. I'm curious about overseas reactions. Have you ever looked for it?

Mannie in Korea, so I'm not sure about overseas reactions (laughs). As mentioned earlier, the United States has a lot of text adventures and many of them are popular. So I had a lot of translation, but I challenged.

Q. Even now, it seems to be a unique material. What was the reason for the development of 'Metro Blossom'.

One day, I watched the subway map, and when I saw the route extending to various branches, I thought it would be fun to put the branching elements of storytelling. So next, how do you get people underground? Oh, the ground should be dangerous. What is the risk factor? It was extended to the idea that a familiar zombie would be good. But there was a problem here for a while. Speaking of zombies, I think I like dark places, but the idea I thought was the opposite. I liked bright places and had to hate dark places, so I thought about why. I thought I could make a unique zombie called plant zombies, so I gathered those ideas and built the worldview of 'Metro Blossom', where the unique zombie of the body flower came out.

Q. What is the atmosphere in the field.

It is definitely a dislike. If you are not interested in the first place, you can see it from afar and just finish it. When I talked about it, there are a lot of people who say that the design concept is unusual, so it seems to be good to catch the concept.

Q. Personally, there are a lot of text, so the PC version seems to be comfortable.

It was true that it was my first work. So I developed on mobile. However, there were many questions about the PC version and why they were released on mobile. We kept listening to that, and we also have a desire for PC version, so we plan to prepare the PC version after launching the global version in a natural process. In fact, the biggest hurdles in the launch of Steam were translations, and this problem was solved as I prepared a global version.

** Q. Tumblebuck said that sales were low even though they exceeded 778% of the target amount.

This time I learned that I was interested and actually doing it. In fact, when I met with experts and consulted, I told you that mobile paid games in Korea are not promising. Nevertheless, there was a stubbornness at the time, and it seemed to be a better way after seeing the achievements in the funding. Anyway, as I added several BMs in preparation for the free version, I think real results will come here.

The addition of BM does not mean that you are charging unconditionally. Basically, the BM in the free version is designed to reduce fatigue by reducing the hurdles of Log Like. It is a shortcut road to skip the repetition section quickly or expand the experience or Blossomtory to grow rapidly. Of course, the paid version is basically included.

But I kept talking about the achievements, but it's actually secondary, and I want more people to enjoy 'Metro Blossom'. If it's fun, sales are naturally followed, so please enjoy the free version.

Q. Even if it is a free version, it seems to be inevitable that the game's system will be divided.

In fact, there were a lot of feedback. The main character of 'Metro Blossom' is the weak, but it is not a battle of RPG style, but because it is a dialogue, but I want to hit and kill zombies, but I can't do it, but I feel frustrated and rather realized that the survivor is actually a survivor in the zombie apocalypse. It was. This is also the characteristic of our game, so it seems unavoidable.

Q. If you put the global version and PC version, the work related to 'Metro Blossom' will end in a large framework. What are you going to do afterwards?

If you end up, you will be preparing for the next work. Currently, some ideas have been initiated. It is a PC game and is a storytelling -oriented RPG. I think it's a separate game from 'Metro Blossom'. Oh, but it is said that it is ending, but that does not mean that the story of 'Metro Blossom' is over. We are preparing for webtoons, so we will expand IP in different ways.

** Q. Since it was the first work, it would be attached to it.

If you think that there is a need, it's a matter of thinking about it, but I want to do something different.

** Q. Lastly, please participate in this Play Expo.

At the end of this, I don't know when I will participate in this event because I think I will focus on development for the time being, but when I come to these events, I always think that the response in the field is also different. Can you hear vivid opinions? I think I was good at participating. So I want to show more new things. Next time, I want to come with a better work and reward expectations. In the case of the new work, it will be outlined at the end of next year, but by then, I think I will be able to see users again.

And I would like to express my gratitude for the users who enjoyed and enjoyed 'Metro Blossom'. It's been a year and three months since the launch of 'Metro Blossom', and recently, the ending of 'Metro Blossom' has been completed. The desperate atmosphere has been prevalent in the game, and I think the final ending will be a kind of reward in that. So don't give up and see the ending.

Comments