Annoying and embarrassing at the same time

Games can be actionious, challenge us, bring us crying and sometimes give us to us as absolute fools. In the game editor editors, everyone has ever had such a moment when playing, in which we annoyed animal about ourselves, while at the same time simply absurd was entertaining, perhaps even something embarrassing for a * n video game editor * in. We do not want to withhold these experiences.

But be warned: We did not come around for spoilers.

Related articles of this kind:

  • Octopuses, toilets and Co.: The strangest games we ever played
  • Call of Duty Vanguard: That's why we look forward to the shooter (not)
  • 4 video game series and films that we actually recommend

Linda said goodbye to Dark Souls 3 Glorreich of a friendly helper

Linda Sprenger: A few weeks ago I ventured in Dark Souls 3 in the catacombs of Carthus. You already know: lots of darkness, little light, winding corridors - and several occasions for falling. Maybe you already suspect what the whole goes out.

Because I did not want to fight alone through the dangerous area, I brought me a co-opa-helper into the game via call symbol, which fortunately even spoke very well in the catacombs. The or the dear stranger suggested, declined for me on a series of skeletons, yes even showed me with gestures in which rooms were items in which items were. Heart alleries. Too bad that I have sometimes my special moments while playing.

Shortly after we entered inseparable two a narrow platform, I came to the glorious idea of ​​looking closer to the armor of my co-opa helper. Cool clothes, I thought to myself, when I sprached around the character to examine him from all sides. Most minded on the narrow platform.

It came as it had to come: I lost overview for a second, turned the camera weird. And I crashed. Hundreds of meters fell from the platform in the dark death. You died. My helper was of course also disappeared after my sudden death (forever). Our friendship was short but intense.

Hannes and his deadly end in Until Dawn

Hannes Rossow: If a game suggests the task of preserving a group of game figures before death, the protective instinct awakens in me. So also in Until Dawn for which I had made to bring all eight teenagers through the life-threatening situations in which they advised every five minutes. With the right feeling for the predictions that allowed me the findable Totems, that succeeded really well. No matter how scarce it was, I jumped from the spoke again and again.

In the final scene, the troupe was therefore still complete. Only a few Quick-Time events and then it's done, I thought to myself. Well, who could also expect that a small mistake is enough for the last meters to calculate the complete apocalypse. A gas leak, a broken light bulb, a light switch and an exploding house - you can think of how many have survived from my protégés of this final. After all, there was a separate silver trophy ...

Annika failed in disco elysium miserably on a fan

Annika Bavendiek: Disco Elysium did not want long to clarify the seriousness of the situation. There was no five minutes until I read my character's death in the newspaper. Well, that I do not necessarily make it the first pass to the end, I had set up mentally. After all, Disco Elysium is a role-playing game that does not stop before consequences. That an experienced policeman, so run down he may be, but bite so fast and absurd into the grass, I had not expected and felt something annoying because of my naivety, but also very amusing.

But what had happened? Even ignorant and motivated as I was, I skill my policemen on intellect and psyche to take care of clever and sent to the murder case. But how it turned out, I signed my early death sentence. After the values ​​gentlemen after a passing night in the hotel room finally came back, we dressed him piece by piece. So far, so easy until we came to the ceiling fan.

On this went our tie carousel. Then to grab should not be a problem, I thought. But what I had not realized at the time: my policeman may have it in the head, but it does not stop any of them. In addition, I had not considered that some actions depend on chance. So we handled carefree after the tie ... and actually happened.

The fan was not ready with us yet. We decided to bring a little light into the booth and switched on the light bulb on the fan. However, our catered drunkard felt very uncomfortable. Undefired as I was, I did the light anyway. Then he hold some headache, well and? Stupid only that this decision led to strong pain in his body and eventually suffered a deadly heart attack.

Eleen has created a Game Over loop in Mass Effect 1

Eleen Reinke: Since the first announcement, I have received the release of the Mass Effect: Legendary Edition. No wonder, so that, as soon as the code was downloaded and the trilogy was downloaded, the first part was pushed directly and have spent every free minute with the controller in the next few days. Accordingly late at night, it was when my Normandy went to Ilos towards the end of the first part.

Although I land with the land vehicle Mako on the planet, but my way is blocked into the archives and I must first open it manually. It's once done, I can drive through the archives - actually. In my tired hype, I have left the Mako, namely, and went to the archives walking. And run ... and run.

Actually, I had to notice that the way is far too far to be intended as a walk. At the latest when I had brought a Geth colossus to the track, which could make me flat with two shots, I could have thought: usually I only meet in a very robust mako on these opponents! But no, I went on stubborn and even down the slope in the sewer, from which it does not go back.

I really realized my massive mistake, when I had seen the intermediate sequence at the end of the level and suddenly announced a countdown that I had only 40 seconds to get to a portal before it closes - her suspects It already, this route was impossible to create within 40 seconds. I had not only stored after the slope (ie the point of no return), the game had been so nice and had created a car memory after the intermediate sequence ... which held me now in a 40-second loop, from which I did not escape could. Luckily, I still had an older storage level I could invite, so I had to repeat only a few hours playing time - this time at least with Mako.

What kind of situations in games did you have already experienced?

Comments